ASTM International (American Society for Testing and Materials) is one of the largest voluntary standards development organizations in the world-a trusted source for technical standards for materials, products, systems, and services. Known for their high technical quality and market relevancy, ASTM International standards have an important role in the information infrastructure that guides design, manufacturing and trade in the global economy.
When you see an ASTM Certified product, you know that it meets the most rigorous standards set by the jogging stroller industry. Undergoing ASTM testing and meeting the set standards is voluntary, done so at the expense of the company, and not required by any government or commercial body. Because ASTM standards are the highest anywhere, any product that meets or exceeds them is certifiable as an item of the highest possible quality.
The Annual Book of ASTM Standards covers 15 sections of interest plus a master index:
1. Iron and Steel Products
2. Nonferrous Metal Products
3. Metals Test Methods and Analytical Procedures
5. Petroleum Products, Lubricants, and Fossil Fuels
6. Paints, Related Coatings, and Aromatics
10. Electrical Insulation and Electronics
11. Water and Environmental Technology
12. Nuclear, Solar, and Geothermal Energy
13. Medical Devices and Services
14. General Methods and Instrumentation
15. General Products, Chemical Specialties, and End Use Products