France ACS Introduction
Since 2007, Ministère de la Santé ordered all bath & sanitary items should be tested and assessed according to France hygiene requirements, only the compliance items can be salad in France market. We are the assigned agent of Lyon hygiene lab to consult Chinese manufacturers to apply ACS.
Below items should be tested and approved by ACS：
1. pipes and materials for water store and transportation：pipe coating or container,PVC & Polypropylene pipes, fittings, PVC, ABS etc materials
2. Accessories for water transportation system: water pumps, water valves, water meter, water instrument;
3. Contact water system or equipments: Faucet, pan, bathroom, sprinkler
The applied samples would be tested according to AFNOR made standards to get ACS certificate. With respect to glasses, ceramic etc materials, AFNOR also made standards for safety approval which including totoxicity tests, organique test, material properties test; following is simple example for standard number to different items.
1. Organic material，AFNOR XP P 41-250-1, -2, -3；
2. Component，DGS/SD7A 2002 n°571；
3. Filter，AFNOR? XP P 41-270
ACS Test Items：
Herewith, we list as an example based onprotocole defini dans la circulaire dgs/sd 7a No 571 DU 25 Nov.2002：
Conditioning: sample immerse in water+diluted 1/8e, temperature 23+/-2℃, below items would be tested
a. Analyses physico-chimiques sur l’eau de migration non diluee
b. Analyses physico-chimiques et organoleptique sur l’eau de migration diluee
c. Composes organiques volatiles sur l’eau de migration diluee NF EN ISO10301
d. Composes organiques volatiles sur l’eau de migration diluee NF EN ISO11423
e. Profil GC-MS sur l’eau de mirgration diluee
The applicant and manufacturer should submit following information for ACS application ：
- Applicant name & address, contact information；
- Component part number, CAS Nr.-, Supplier information；
- Technical drawing including component volume, contacted water area, material like PVC，SILICON。
- Particularly for the non-metallic materials, the formulation of materials should be provided (including additives & fillers), part number of each composition and supplier information.